Sewing Class: Start a beautiful new relationship with sewing and experience the satisfaction of creating your own clothes! During class, you'’ll learn the basic garment skills you need by sewing lounge pants: a fun, simple project that's perfect for beginners. You will need to purchase a fabric --so you can make your lounge pants in the print you like! We will be using Simplicity pattern #2481A (provided)
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Sew a simple garment from a commercial pattern
- Measure the body accurately to create a perfect fit
- Work from a commercial pattern, including size selection, deciphering instructions, cutting from tissue paper pattern pieces, and more
- Understand garment sewing basics such as proper fabric prep, pinning, cutting, ironing and trouble shooting
- Cut fabric and assemble a garment the right way
- Understand how to construct pants, plus how to make a waistband and hem.
June - Pajama Bottoms
The pajama pants pattern will be provided in class and is yours to keep!
July - Wrap Around Skirt
August - Pillow
September - You & Me Aprons - fabric provided
October - Plush pumpkins and apples